Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bridging Opposition

These two drawings are still in progress and are, at this moment, at an interesting juncture. I worked on them side by side yesterday (taped up against a wall with about 5 inches between them) and simultaneously--while I waited for paint to dry on the right, I focused on my graphite composition on the left. I really enjoy working this way; it may seem conflicting at first, but actually, it's more liberating than you'd think. I say this because if you take a closer look, there are some similarities in the two compositions. I was never disconnected from one as I worked on the other. In fact, I was able to work into each composition aspects of the other, but using different techniques and tools. So what I may end up with here are two different by-products of the same temporal experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails