Monday, April 4, 2011

Buy My Prints Online!

I am extremely excited about finally launching my ETSY store, which will be the place to buy inexpensive prints of my illustration work. I needed a platform to showcase and sell my quirky prints, and ETSY seemed just right for the task. I don't know what ETSY stands for (someone once told me it was an acronym for "Easy To Sell Yourself", but that sounds a little too red light district for me), but it seems to be a very popular site for artists and crafty creatives to sell their products online without having to go through the pesky middlemen. I've made available for sale high quality archival prints from two very different series of illustrations. I invite you to take a look and browse through the items I have on there. Descriptions below:

Luchador Teacher, available as an 8.5"x11" giclée print

Our Daily Lucha Series
We are all fighters in our very own ways, regardless of who we are, where we come from, and what we have to do to survive. This is what connects us all, the fact that we all have dreams and are willing to fight for them. My luchadors represent everyday people, like you and me, who, despite their daily routines and obligations, believe that they will one day achieve their dreams--which, let's face it, does not come without a fight.

Lighthouse, available as an 8.5"x11" giclée print

Blooming Ink Series
This series is a play on pattern, color and unique floral-like shapes that seem to take a life of their own. I never begin one composition knowing how it will look in the end. I let the different shapes evolve spontaneously, like vines shooting off from different directions, creating patterns that weren't there before, and possibly a new alien plant species. I find this series to be a little more on the psychedelic side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails