Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My 9-5 Strive

I came across this illustration by Steve Powers today. I think this pretty much sums up the daily drudgery of a classic 9-5 cubicle-bound existence. The word "tired" comes to mind when I reflect back on my days as an office monkey. "Productive" does not. I was definitely "high on tired". I can assure you the motivation in this kind of setting ranges from slim to none. My little shovels attempted some serious digging at times, but only to discover that like the picture, my light bulb stayed buried deeper than I'd dared to venture. Inspiration was lost among the piles of paperwork to "process" and ridiculous emails to respond to. Not a single independent act was warranted without permission from a boss who didn't even know how to navigate a Word document. My imagination had run away, incensed by what I had subjected it to, and was nowhere to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails