Monday, January 31, 2011

Waiting For Full Bloom

Agave Tears, 2010, gouache and india ink on paper

A new addition from last year that I had forgotten to highlight in my drawing section of my website. This is a picture from my series on reflections from the three months I spent living and working on a permaculture farm in Maui, Hawaii. This series has been left wanting and waiting for my return--a product of a mere three weeks of solid focus before jetting off again to spend another two months in Manila. I like to think that I keep my promises to my work, but more often than not, these romances are brief and fleeting. Not for a lack of substance in subject matter, but a failure on my part to remain on one cloud for an extended amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails