Monday, March 15, 2010

This Little Buzzer of Mine

So I nearly shaved off all the hair on the right side of my head--by accident. I didn't take note of the guard that was on the buzzer (how I never noticed "9mm" is beyond me), and just went ahead with gliding that motor along the side of my ear. I let out quite a gasp when I heard that zzzzziiiippp and off with the wind that great chunk of hair went. What the hell was I thinking? I think deep down I wanted to make a mess out of it because I have been tempted several times now, in the last few months, to go close to bald. Every person's got to try it. It promises liberation from the shackles of...well....hair; and vanity for one. But with my frame, I would risk looking like quite a bit of a bloke actually. Could be a fun experiment.

I do cut my own hair most of the time. I have gone years before without ever going to a professional, and it definitely showed. I was that girl with the DIY-G.I.-Jane-do back in boarding school. It was not my MO to fuss with such things like hair as a teen. Either I have it very short, or plain, long, flat and dull. And I always turned "dull" into a bun on the top of my head so I figured short and pixie was really my thing. The amount of money people pay to get their hair done can reach extraordinary heights. It's almost just as ridiculous as buying your miniature dog a hoodie. But maybe if I was blessed with luscious thick hair, I'd be singing a different tune.

So for now, I have to work some magic to conceal this little patch of barely-there hair with the longer bits from the top of my head--especially when I'm at work. Unfortunately for me, I don't work in an office where buzzed heads on ladies would fly. Maybe this is precisely why the temptation is so great to go the full monty with this bright yellow buzzer of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails