Wednesday, May 25, 2011

View From The Top

I didn't need my altitude sickness pills. Landing in Quito (9,000 feet above sea level) has yet to cause my body any kind of stress. It's just a lovely piece of land in the clouds. Day 2 and I'm already rolling my r's with the sweet satisfaction of having improved my Spanish by 100% since my arrival. Although, this percentage is still pretty weak as it hasn't yet brought me into the world of subjunctives. It's all still very much in concept. So don't get the wrong idea: I'm still a rookie.

To make things even more exciting, my room is on the top floor of a house with a huge private terrace. I have full access to this and the view is killer. The city is surrounded by mountains and scatters of forest covered by Eucalyptus trees--I can almost smell them from the terrace. I think I may have found my artsy spot. Let's hope the work rolls out just as smoothly as my rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails