Friday, May 13, 2011

Coming Along....Slow


As much as I'd like to turn myself into a machine and plough through each canvas à la assembly line mode, it just isn't the way I work right now. This may change. I think it all depends on what you're working on--different projects may require different systems. But for now, the only system I can think of which I am utilizing is the "wait-for-paint-to-dry" system. The rest is game, and subject to my on and off inner light bulb. You know when you turn a light switch on, and instead of bright lights, you get a dancing sort of glow from the bulb's filament? That's what's going on in my head. A back and forth kind of tango torture.

I have one whole week left before I leave for Ecuador for a month. I've left this week to focus on establishing solid foundations on each canvas, to build on when I get back. I have ten canvasses, and I'm not sure this is going to happen realistically. But I'm going to try!

While in Ecuador, I plan to work on paper with my pens and inks. I cannot afford a holiday from my work right now, especially since I've been working rather slow in my quest to forge an entirely new direction. It's a fragile time, and I refuse to get distracted. My hope is that being somewhere new and exotic will bring out a side to me that can't be stimulated from a place of comfort and the all-too-familiar setting of
home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails