Thursday, February 3, 2011

Until Next Time

It just sort of happened. The tears came. I couldn't help it. My friend just left two minutes ago to fly back home to London, after a month's visit here with me. I'm not one to get emotional--especially since I should be so used to this by now being oceans away from my bosom buds. Every single one of my girlfriends is a long plane ride away, and yet we have all managed to see each other regularly. For all the disruption, annoyance and inconveniences these visits can cause, I remain the loyal bestfriend/girlfriend/soulmate, full to the brim with affection. I am 100% myself with my friends. Zero pretenses. I don't have to be happy, entertaining or agreeable all the bloody time. I am liberated and free to be me. And here I am, trying my damnest to hold back the tears because the house seems so empty without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails