Thursday, September 9, 2010

In The Studio



I'm on a roll. I'm trying to come into the studio as if it were a 9-5. Attend to my duties like a good employee. I plan to have two weeks of intensity consisting of lows and highs, small mistakes, big mistakes, bliss and woe. I always start off slow with more self-doubt than anything else. It takes me about an hour to get a grip and come to terms with what I need to do; what direction to take; which mood to quench. It has nothing to do with a lack of caffeine or stimulation, but everything to do with my own body mechanics. And most times, I honestly can't tell you what it is exactly that inspires me to get on with a piece of work. It just clicks like a spark to lighter fluid. My inspiration to paint isn't always the same as what I consider to be a constant stimulant to my own existence and lust for life: Nature, Love, Desire, Sex. I don't dwell on these when I'm creating, or when I'm trying to create. I just create. Because I am a product of all of these to begin with. I am all of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails