Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Imaginarium


Down the West coast of California the ocean is speckled with small to medium sized rugged rock formations that look like giant reptiles submerged in the icy cold waters. Their thick scales protruding through the surface; their patterns mimicking nature. The low skies are thick with mist from morning dew that rests on the mountain tops like a heavy hood. I am stunned by the creatures I imagine lurking beneath my feet and in the water. I proceed with caution; treading ever so lightly, with bated breath, so as not to disturb their slumber. There is something about the smudged blues and grays in the horizon, their soft and glowing hues, deploring the sun's rays until they burst through and drip into the day. I can barely make out their beady eyes peering through the dark water that violently breaks against their bodies before reaching the shore where I stand. I can feel them through my toes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails