Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Deck And Feline Assistants


Yesterday was the first time I took my paints and materials out onto my tiny little deck at home. It was a beautiful Saturday with the sun bursting through every nook and cranny; the air was fresh and welcoming; my cats were in a frenzy to get some of that fresh air; and I had been itching to christen the deck with my enamels.

It was also time to go large. After three months of small scale drawing, getting back into the groove of larger dimension work (4 x 3 feet approx) was a little daunting. This is also the first time in years that I've begun a series on wood panel. Needless to say, time is ticking for the much anticipated Spring Open Studios in this city--and I have to get my ass in gear for this, despite the heaviness of my day job at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails