Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Supporting Other Blogs That Support Me

I was thrilled to see my work published on the online art mag AField. It is crucial that outlets such as the one Afield provides are available for all artists, emerging and established alike. The internet is drastically changing the way artists communicate their work and their accessibility to the public. New and innovative forms of marketing are being utilized in such a way that is inclusive and free for all (maybe not in all countries, but let's hope Google has enough clout to change things around).

I used to be a tad scared of web 2.0 and wasn't quite sold on the idea of blogging. Until, of course, I realized what a myopic view I had of the nature of communication itself, and that my fear was entirely unfounded and based on ignorance alone. As it turns out, this internet stuff isn't that hard at all! And it's provided me with such rich and diverse information, I can't imagine living without it now. Although, I have to say, there is a lot of crap in it too. One just has to figure out how to get what they need, and ignore the rest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails