Friday, January 8, 2010

Invincible Plans


So far 2010 has been good to me (too early to tell?) Plans are starting to take some concrete form in my head, making sense not just to myself but to those I've shared them with (which is a good sign that I'm not deluding myself). I am beginning to feel invincible again, the muscle power of my imagination is pretty tangible right now. If only transcribing it down onto paper is as easy as scanning. Speaking of which, I was given the best Christmas present ever, which is my brand new Epson Stylus NX415. Cheap and simple, it's exactly what I need right now to get a move on with the more techy stuff, which I'll admit, I feel I am a generation behind on. I just learned how to properly use layers on Photoshop last week, so I obviously still have huge digital mountains to climb here. Of course, being more of a traditionalist, I don't plan to ever switch fully to digital. Analog is still the way to go if you want quality and substance over quantity and style.

I have been busy scanning in a lot of my free hand drawings (I'm sort of addicted to scanning now) in order to archive them digitally. But I haven't done much in the way of utilizing the scans to produce digital masterpieces. Further to an urgent need to produce more paintings, I still have a bunch of drawings to finish - let alone ideas that have yet to be fully realized before I can dedicate a chunk of my time to toiling over the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails