Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mis Dibujos Ecuatorianos

it shall never be washed away 2011 indian ink, water color, gouache on paper

This is the first piece I got done on my second day in Ecuador. I have a few other pieces in progress currently, and all have a lot of color in them...more than I usually play with, I think. I know for sure that the new environment I'm in has allowed me to take certain plunges in my palette that may not have appeared otherwise.

I just returned to Quito from the coast where I stayed at a hostel in a small surfing town called Montanita. I managed to get several pieces going despite the beckoning calls of the ocean--of course I catered to its every whim.


But the drawings shall continue.....there is always time for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails