Thursday, June 23, 2011

Back To Filling In The Blanks

Ready for some action

It feels amazing to be back in San Francisco. All the things you think you won't miss much, you end up missing the most after a long break from all things too familiar.

My list includes:

-my bed (I thought I'd be ok without it)

-the little art store in my corner and the whacky lady that works there

-my fold up bike
-the cool breeze and piercing sunlight that penetrates my bedroom window every morning like an alarm clock
-the crazy (and/or) cool people of my neighborhood

-the freedom and privacy of anonymity (looking different warrants the kinds of attention that I'd rather live without)

-cappuccinos (they just can't seem to get it right in many many places....sigh)
-and of course, reliable wireless internet!!!!


My senses have recaptured the energy of this city translating it back to me in new and wondrous ways: the smell of the air; the sway of the trees; the wind's song and dance; my two cats and their welcoming purrs; even the sun feels different here...

I biked over to my studio after breakfast this morning to announce my return and make it astoundingly clear (my canvasses and paints being my audience, of course) that I mean business. I took down some older work off the wall and replaced them with two empty, yet hopeful, pieces of gorgeous, cold pressed, heavy-weight, water color paper. Their empty silence will remind me tomorrow--when the magic of my first day back starts to wear off on my sleepy face--that there is much work to be done. The summer has just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails