Monday, February 28, 2011

Let It Go Let It Go Let It Go

I've been working on a small series of abstract compositions using a different color palette from what I'm used to, and a slightly different technique of painting. I am liking what I see, but I am also driving myself crazy with my impatience. I am having some "control" issues, which is keeping me from unzipping and letting go to create free flowing work. For some reason, these shapes have a constraining power over me and I can't seem to work around them. They are playing tricks on me. But I know I have to be patient. I have to let it go: the idea that I may not like the result of what I'm currently doing. The process of painting (creativity in general) is not just about knowing what works for you; but also knowing what does not. Let it go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails