Saturday, September 4, 2010

Showtime

Now is the time to lock myself in the studio until my Manila-bound flight in three weeks. I am practically exploding with new ideas and have a bunch of opportunities knocking at my door. When it rains, it pours! And I mean this in a positive way. The only minute negative detail is the fact that I will be forfeiting my studio space at the Art Explosion Studios in the Mission neighborhood of San Francisco. September is my last month before I have to say good-bye to this little space which has been my solace for the last year. It just makes sense in this current juncture that I save on rental costs until I get a better sense of what's to come in the near future. Besides, why pay for a studio that I will not be using for the rest of the year? I've been using it as a storage unit more than anything else. My travels have kept me away.

My recent trip to Nevada took me into new territory--not just physically, but also artistically. This time, with photography. I've always played with this medium in creative ways, but I decided to make it my main instrument for this particular series I had in mind. I admit, I'm a virgin to the ways of digital photography, so I made sure to solicit the help of a photographer friend in order to keep the technical components on point. I don't even own a digital SLR so I definitely needed the support and equipment to follow through with the shoot. And I am so grateful to her for all of it.

I'm currently trying to wrap up post-production on the pieces
(very minor polishing up) before I can confidently unveil the new series, but I am feeling a tinge of excitement over these images. Keeping it fresh has kept me on my toes and looking forward to revealing the different ways in which I am able to make my ideas come alive.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails